Agua Blanca is a desirable spa and hotel located in Central Mexico. It’s also home to healing hot springs and spa activities that focus intensely on eco-tourism, a tourist activity that reduces damage to the natural environment.
It’s surrounded by a lush, subtropical climate that includes green gardens, two cascading waterfalls, refreshing rivers, and a treasure trove of trails for exploration. Agua Blanca has been known as a hot spring “paradise” for over 80 years.
Yet, it was just recently that the hot spring location expanded and transformed into a full-fledged spa and eco-tourism hotel. Since its debut 15 years ago, the hotel and spa have attracted visitors far and wide.
Mineral Hot Spring Pools
The six beautiful, natural-looking hot spring pools are one of the main draws to the Agua Blanca Hotel and Spa. These pools feature thermal-mineral waters that come out at a pleasant 89.6°F. They’re not too hot nor too cold, creating a welcoming experience for all individuals who adorn them.
Although not as hot as other hot springs in the world, these pools do not fall short of therapeutic chemical composition. They are filled with a blend of silicates, phosphates, magnesium, iron, sodium, and other healthy minerals.
The thermal water at Agua Blanca is said to:
- Heal wounds on the inside and outside of the body
- Improve arthritis
- Improve liver and kidney function
- Lower blood pressure
- Improve digestion
- Normalize sleep patterns
- Produce a state of relaxation
- Increase an overall feeling of well-being
When you’re ready to relax and fill your belly, you can enjoy organic fruits and vegetables from the on-site garden or enjoy some Mexican fare.
The hot springs alone are enough to make you melt your troubles away and feel like a new human being. But why stop there? At Agua Blanca Hotel and Spa, you have several accompanying options to enhance your experience.
First and foremost, you can indulge in the masks made from natural and healing spring water sediments. These masks are designed to soften the skin while simultaneously clearing acne and other impurities.
From there, you can enjoy one of the many relaxing massages this hotel and spa has to offer. Enjoy a classic facial massage or try your hand at one of the more intricate massages, such as the bamboo, hot stone, balsamic, or Reiki sessions.
Lastly, unwind by joining one of the many yoga sessions on campus. They’re held in a large classroom with extraordinary stone walls and magnificent views in every direction.
The Agua Blanca Hotel and Spa has an abundance of thrilling and rejuvenating activities to keep you occupied during your stay. There’s something for everyone to enjoy, whether you prefer to spend your evenings following a hiking trail or want to try out something new, like the temazcal.
Here are some of the activities offered at this stunning resort:
- Temazcal – The Temazcal is an indigenous bath filled with aromatic herbs and water vapor. The mix of high temps and herbs increases organ function, improves the immune system, encourages detoxification, and reduces stress.
- Zipline – The thrilling zipline offers superior views of the surrounding nature while also getting your heart pumping. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime experience!
- Juice station – With a vacation focused on relaxation and improved health, it’s no wonder why the Agua Blanca offers a selection of refreshing and nutrient-dense juice blends.
- Bar – And for those times when you want to forget about the emphasis on health and focus on having a good time instead, consider a trip to the bar.
- Hammock platform – Swaying your troubles away is a cinch when you find yourself sprawled out on the famous hammock platform, your ultimate gateway to tranquility.
- Board game room – Board games might be a flash from the past, but they’re a great way to reconnect with friends and family and have a grand time doing so.
- Hiking – Surrounded by a lush subtropical landscape complete with rivers and waterfalls, the Agua Blanca is the ideal place to enjoy a hike in nature. Mosey around on your own or tackle one of the tours offered by the resort, such as the “Pinch of Mushrooms” or “Monarch Butterfly” tours.
And if you can’t figure out how you want to spend your days at the Agua Blanca Hotel and Spa, you can always consider checking out their courses and workshops. The hotel offers many options, including a psycho-prophylaxis class and environmental awareness workshop.
Thanks to its expansion 15 years ago, the Agua Blanca is now home to a charming hotel offering guests inviting rooms featuring Mexican architecture and flair. They offer rooms and suites, and the price includes lodging and three meals per day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner).
Are you looking for a good deal for your upcoming trip? The Agua Blanca Hotel and Spa has some top-notch packages to suit your fancy, most of which include massages, a trip to the temazcal, a yoga session, and more. You can also go with the all-inclusive option by signing up for the Wellness Weeks Retreats.
Check prices, availability or book Hotel Agua Blanca
Address: Camino Real a las Anonas No. 1, Jungapeo, Michoacán, Mexico