Leave the world behind and immerse yourself in complete comfort and relaxation when you begin your journey through the therapeutic pools and sensory spaces at the Hot Springs Sanctuary. This luxurious spa experience is located in the Deep Blue Hotel and Hot Springs.
The Deep Blue Hotel and Hot Springs are located on a promontory between Lady Bay and Stingray Bay in Warrnambool, a city on the south-western coast of Victoria. If offers day soaking pools and even sensory caves.
The Sanctuary, which opened in 2019, was meticulously designed and planned, and the result is a lovely open-air, multi-faceted, self-guided geothermal experience. The Hot Springs Sanctuary emphasizes providing a soothing and tranquil bathing journey for physical and emotional well-being.
Hot Springs Sanctuary
Let’s explore what makes the Sanctuary unique—the water, a journey through the pools, what makes each special, and learn about the therapeutic benefits of a visit here.
The geothermal waters that flow through the Sanctuary pools come from 850 meters (2800 ft) deep below the earth’s surface from the Dilwyn aquifer. The restorative water reaches the surface at a temperature between 36-42ºC (96.8-107.6ºF) and is laden with naturally occurring minerals.
The minerals in the Hot Springs therapeutic water are:
• Sulfur (Sulfite) naturally detoxifies and softens your skin, including your scalp. It can soothe arthritic discomfort and resists the bacteria that causes acne, eczema, and psoriasis.
• Selenium is an antioxidant vital for a healthy thyroid gland.
• Silica is an essential mineral for collagen and elastin health that supports bones, cartilage, blood vessels, and skin, including hair and nails.
• Lithium improves memory and brain function and is helpful in mood and depression stability.
• Magnesium firms and tightens the skin, is essential for nerve and muscle function and assists in calcium absorption for healthy bones.
There are 15 hot springs within the Sanctuary, and many offer an enhanced balneotherapy experience. Here are the most intriguing options:
• Sensory Caves provide color therapy for specific healing results. One is pink for cleansing and strengthening, another purple for relaxation, and the third is yellow for purification. These enclosed spaces also feature waterfalls, ambient, soothing music, starlight ceilings, and varying water temperatures.
• The Rainforest Pool with ambient music and rejuvenating warm water showering over you are relaxing and soothing.
• There is an Aromatherapy Pool with floral garden embellishments, fragrant essential oil, fluctuating water temperature, and ambient music for a soothing and sensual experience.
• Cool Plunges in freshwater deep and shallow pools of varying temperatures are an invigorating break as you move from pool to pool.
A soak at the Sanctuary will naturally detoxify your body and skin, oxygenate your cells, and boost circulation. You’ll reduce stress, improve sleep, relieve aches and pains, and feel relaxed and rejuvenated.
Look here for more information on the Sanctuary, a map, and a description of the pools.
Nourish Dome, Spa, Salt Room
Hydrate and nourish yourself during your visit here at the Nourish Dome, offering a selection of cold plates and beverages. Partake in an extensive treatment of massage, facials, and signature body therapies, or make an appointment to visit the Salt Room specializing in salt (halo) therapy for respiratory cleansing.
Consider booking a room at the Deep Blue Hotel with luxurious accommodations. They feature more than 80 rooms, including Deluxe guest rooms and Premium Suites. In addition, they have big fully-furnished penthouse apartments for families and groups. These upscale, multi-bedroom abodes showcase among the top views in town.
Room types include:
- Deluxe Spa
- Ocean View
- Penthouse Suites
Check prices, availability or book Deep Blue Hotel
Enjoy your breakfast or dinners at the Deep Blue Dining & Bar. Dining at the Deep Blue is a casual and relaxed experience and features a seasonal menu using regional Victorian produce and products. The Bar has an extensive selection of beer, wine, spirits, and a cozy fireplace.
Activities in Warrnambool, VIC
It is said that there are 29 shipwrecks in the bay surrounding Warrnambool, the largest city on this stretch of Australian coastline known as Shipwreck Coast. The landscape is stunning, rugged, jagged, and wild, and the ties to the sea are strong here.
Besides taking in the panoramic and dramatic sea views and looking for shipwrecks, you can visit Logans Beach, where from June to September, Southern Right whales return to the waters to calve almost every year. Head to the “specially constructed platform” to increase your odds of a whale sighting.
The Flagstaff Hill Maritime Village is located downtown and pays homage to Shipwreck Coast and its history. The artifacts from the deluge of vessels that met their end along the rugged shores are displayed here. A visit here is an excellent way to learn about the region’s maritime history.
Address: Worm Bay Rd, Warrnambool VIC 3280, Australia
For accurate directions to Deep Blue Hotel & Hot Springs, visit their Google map location and enter your location.
Phone: +61 8 5559 2050
Season: Open year-round