Nestled within the Southern Appalachian Mountains is the historic Hot Springs Resort & Spa, established in 1778. Encompassing 100 acres of pristine property, the resort encourages healing, relaxation, and rejuvenation.
Their jetted hot tubs, supplied with the mineral-rich water that is heated deep below the earth, are located throughout the property, alongside the serene banks of small creeks and broad rivers. Along the Appalachian Trail, you’ll find many natural wonders including lush forests, winding creeks, and numerous 360-degree mountain views.
It has long been an adventurer’s paradise and an area that is constantly being rediscovered.
The Town of Hot Springs, North Carolina
Hot Springs is an idyllic town nestled in the mountains of North Carolina. Voted the Best Small Mountain Town, this charming getaway location is only 40 minutes from Asheville, NC.
Known for its focus on adventure and relaxation, outdoor recreation is a treasured pastime for locals, many of whom are willing to show you around. Offering hiking, biking, horseback riding, zip-lining, white water rafting, and adventure courses, there’s no limit to how much fun you can have while visiting!
Natural Mineral Bath Options
The main attraction is the hot mineral water baths, which are well known for their curative healing properties. Whether you are experiencing body aches and pains from stress and fatigue, or physical ailments like digestive issues, the ancient mineral water can promote relaxation and restoration.
With their jetted hot tubs surrounded by beautiful wooden decks, soaking in the secluded outdoors has never been so relaxing. Each bath is drained and sanitized after every use, promoting the most refreshing and pure experience possible. Tubs can typically hold up to 5 people, but don’t let that dissuade you from sneaking away for a private soak!
There are a few different choices to pick between when it comes to choosing how you want to experience the natural mineral water. The Standard Mineral Bath is a private jetted hot tub with a wooden platform around it. The Deluxe Mineral Baths offer the best views and privacy, as well as a larger deck that is furnished with a table, chairs, and a heater, or fan.
Additionally, they have the Group Mineral Baths, which hold up to 7 adults and are a great choice for larger parties. Some accommodations even have a private mineral bath, allowing you to soak whenever you want.
If you are looking for something a little more luxurious, you can go with one of their Signature Tubs. These are situated within a much more extravagant environment; large cabana-style outdoor rooms with a sundeck, private fireplace, and a natural mineral water shower. Robes, towels, and bottled water are included allowing you to lounge in style as you gaze out at the beautiful countryside.
Relaxation and rejuvenation are the main focal points when visiting the Hot Springs Resort & Spa. There are many licensed and professional massage therapists and estheticians on-site to calm your nerves and soothe your body.
There are several massage techniques offered at the spa, from the more traditional to extravagant. Whether you want some solo time between soaks, or prefer a bonding experience with someone special, there are options for everyone. Coupled with any of their skin treatments, you will feel reborn by the end of your stay!
Some of the services offered are:
- Classic Massage Therapy: Swedish, deep tissue, shiatsu, integrative and hot stone.
- Sugar Scrub: A rejuvenating rub-down involving a mix of rosemary, mint, and essential oils. Aimed at gently exfoliating your body from head to toe and followed up with a moisturizing body lotion.
- Herbal Body Wrap: A rich, hydrating treatment that soothes your entire body. Bringing together a variety of essential oils and plant extracts designed to heal and detoxify. This warm body wrap will have all your stress melting away.
- Botanical Mud Wrap: Being covered in mud may not sound relaxing, but this seaweed wrap detoxifies your body while the minerals within work their magic. Your skin will be glowing, firm, and radiant, once you rinse off.
- Head to Toe: This is the ultimate experience in rejuvenation and self-healing. Starting with a full-body exfoliation, your body is then enveloped in a rich herbal body wrap. While soaking in the healing properties of the essential oils, your esthetician will work their magic with a hydrating facial treatment. Finishing off this hedonistic experience is a complete body massage.
Those are just a handful of services offered by the Hot Springs Resort & Spa. All of their packages can be finely tailored to your specific needs and desires, as you aim to achieve the highest state of relaxation.
Events and Celebrations
Many events are hosted at the Hot Springs Resort & Spa throughout the year. These are meant to bring the community together as well as provide funding for a variety of different non-profits, such as the Mountain Are Child & Family Center and the Hot Springs Community Learning Center.
- A big tradition at the Hot Springs Resort & Spa is hosting the annual fireworks show on July 4th, which draws a big crowd from the nearby towns.
- The French Broad River Festival (FBRF) is a benefit event in early May that features live music, outdoor shopping, and a live auction, as well as many art and craft vendors. There are different activities throughout the weekend, including the Annual FBRF Mountain Bike Race and the French Broad River Raft Race.
- They also host the largest gathering of vintage BMW cars in North America, with over 500 vintage cars in attendance, which is a free event for all spectators.
Cabins and Camping
The Hot Springs Campground offers a variety of accommodation choices, ranging from primitive tent sites to a 4-bedroom house. All overnight stays have a 2-night minimum and WIFI is available at all campsites and cabins.
Camping – There are over 100 campsites for you to pitch your tent, located off or along the river, that include a picnic table and a fire ring. The price for these includes 4 people and 2 cars, with additional charges for larger parties.
If you are driving in with an RV, there are 34 full RV hookups, as well as RV pull-through sites. These sites offer 30-amp and 50-amp accessibility.
Lodging – Situated throughout the campgrounds are 8 rustic camping cabins, all of which have electricity, heat, and air conditioning. Each site has a river view, a picnic table, and a fire ring. Half of the cabins also include a sink, commode, and a small coffee maker. All cabins have bunks as well as a twin bed, however, you will need to provide your own linens.
There are also deluxe cabins that feature a wide range of styles, amenities, and options. From bunk beds and kitchenettes to king beds, full-sized baths, and satellite TV. Some have private outdoor jetted tubs filled with natural mineral water, and others are pet friendly. When renting deluxe cabins, linens are included.
For a “home away from home” experience, you can rent one of their Suites and Vacation rentals. These have all the comforts that you are used to, with the beautiful scenery of the river, forest, and mountains right outside your window. The suites offer 1 and 2 bedrooms, full bathrooms, kitchenettes, and private porches/balconies.
Each unit has a natural mineral water tub, one of which is even heart-shaped.
The Vacation rentals are the more extravagant way to experience Hot Springs and are great for larger groups of people. With multiple bedrooms, full kitchens and bathrooms, satellite TVs, wrap-around porches, and private hot tubs, there are plenty of options to choose from. Each has different amenities, layouts, and perks, with a variety of gorgeous views.
If scenic views, a quaint town, and pampering sound like the vacation for you, book your next trip to Hot Springs, North Carolina.
Check prices, availability or book Hot Springs Resort & Spa
Address: 315 Bridge St, Hot Springs, North Carolina 28743