For those seeking a rejuvenating oasis in the Middle East, the Ma’in Hot Springs Resort and Spa of Madaba, Jordan, is the ultimate paradise. It’s set on the corner of the Dead Sea and expertly decorated with Middle Eastern architecture and design.
This waterfall-packed resort is a relaxing playground for adults and children alike.
Hot Springs Pools and Waterfalls
The Ma’in Hot Springs Resort and Spa is home to six waterfalls, four open to the public and two resort-only. With so many options, finding precisely what you’re looking for on campus is easy.
Each waterfall hovers around 35°C (95°F) and contains a slew of nutrients, including potassium, magnesium, and calcium. These waters are so element-rich that visitors, such as the renowned Herold the Great, have come to indulge in the therapeutic waters.
On the Ma’in Hot Springs Resort grounds, you’ll find:
- Thermal Waterfall – This lovely waterfall is among the area’s most beautiful. Yet, due to its high temperature of 65°C (149°F), it cannot be swum in. Instead, the resort takes advantage of the waters by redirecting them to the thermal pool, an enjoyable spot to relax, unwind, and take in the beautiful surroundings.
- Cascade Waterfall – The Cascade Waterfall perfectly depicts the meaning of “cascade”. With the sound of splashing waters and an ideal temperature of 34°C (93.2°F), this is easily one of the grandest spots to enjoy at the resort.
- Natural Waterfall – For those seeking a warmer soaking experience, Natural Waterfall is the ideal location. This splendid waterfall hovers around 42˚C (107.6°F). The benefit of soaking here is the inclusion of the natural sauna cave, a cozy spot ranging from 65°C (149°F) to 70°C (158°F). A quick jaunt in the cave ensures additional health and therapeutic benefits.
- Family Waterfall – As the name suggests, this location is known for being the hot spot for families to enjoy the mineral-rich waters. The waterfall produces waters with temperatures as high as 55°C (131°F) but cools to an acceptable level as it flows onto the Earth’s surface.
- Ladies Waterfall – At the Ladies Waterfall, it’s a women-only experience. Here, women can relax and enjoy the company of other ladies while enjoying the splashing sound of the nearby water.
- Main Waterfall – Last but certainly not least is the Main Waterfall. This is the area’s largest and most popular waterfall. A thermal pool sits beneath the waterfall, making it an unforgettable experience.
For those who prefer to enjoy their hot springs experience indoors, the Ma’in Hot Springs Resort and Spa also offers an interior Roman Bath. You will find a steam room and several thermal pools to cater to your needs.
With a remarkable number of waterfalls and hot spring pools to saunter through, it’s easy for visitors to find themselves lost among the waters. However, that’s not the only thing awaiting Ma’in Hot Springs Resort and Spa guests.
In the resort, you will also find:
- Two swimming pools – one thermal, one normal
- Meeting and event rooms
Another must-visit and must-do is the award-winning Cascade Spa. This lovely spa, situated beneath a natural hot spring waterfall, enhances one’s experience by leaps and bounds. With ten treatment rooms, a steam cave, and various experiences, it’s easy to melt your troubles away.
Some of the most sought-after treatments include the Oriental Fusion Massage, Dead Sea Mud Body Wrap, Hammam Ma’in Signature Journey, and the Ma’in Body Mask.
You don’t need to leave the Ma’in Resort to get your hands on some delicious fare. In fact, you’d be doing yourself a disservice by leaving the sumptuous grounds.
At the Ma’in Resort and Spa, you have a few excellent options for eating and drinking. The Pool Bar is great for grabbing a drink and some divine finger foods, while The Wine Cellar is the perfect spot to sip on some new reds or whites.
The At the Springs and Olive Restaurant are the two best spots to grab a bite. Head to the At the Springs Restaurant for Middle Eastern fare with enchanting views or go to the Olive Restaurant to indulge in Zarb dining.
The Ma’in Resort and Spa is known to offer the epitome of Arabic hospitality. Their hotel features four room options to accommodate your needs. These rooms include:
The Superior Rooms come complete with vibrant furniture and decorations featuring natural materials. Each room has a king or two twin beds, a sitting area with enjoyable games, and balconies offering majestic scenery views, including dramatic mountain ranges.
If you want to enhance your experience, the Junior Suite is a suitable option. These suites come with a cozy king-sized bed, a sitting room with games, and two balconies with enchanting views of the nearby valley and/or waterfalls.
Families going on an excursion to the Ma’in Hot Springs Resort should consider the Family Suite, a spacious, relaxing room with unique Jordanian touches. You can enjoy one or two bedrooms and a bathroom with a luxurious jacuzzi tub here. With three balconies total, you can find some of the most spectacular views in the area.
The Royal Suite is undeniably the best spot to get situated at this resort. Here, guests are served the royal treatment with six balconies, each offering an impeccable view of the location, including the waterfalls beneath. You’ll find two bedrooms, two bathrooms (with a jacuzzi tub and shower), a washroom, and a pantry. There is also a private spa area to pamper yourself with ensuite treatments.
Check prices, availability or book Ma’in Hot Springs
Address: Dead Sea Road, 17173 Sowayma, Jordan
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Phone: 00962 53245500