Sprawled out across 77 aces in the lush Sangre de Cristo mountains is the luxurious Ojo Santa Fe Resort and Spa. This destination exudes excellence, opulence, adventure, and relaxation. While staying at this resort, you’re invited to soak in the superiorly warm and healing thermal waters, indulge in an unwinding spa package, or pique your curiosity with a high desert hike.
The Ojo Sante Fe Resort has been in business since 2015 and has steadily gained popularity in recent years. So much so that they have been awarded several prestigious awards, including “World’s Best Destination Spa” by Travel + Leisure.
Hot Spring Pools
There are many soaking options at the Ojo Santa Fe resort, whether you’re looking for a slightly cooler pool to take a few laps or want a steamy private session – clothing optional. Regardless of your choice, you will enjoy triple-filtered water directly from the resort’s natural aquifer, ensuring a sumptuous soaking adventure every time.
- Outdoor community spas/pools – The resort is riddled with several outdoor communal spas and a slightly cooler pool ideal for swimming your troubles away. These outdoor options are surrounded by stunning, bright green cottonwood trees and relaxing hammocks.
- Private hot spring tubs – Those that prefer an intimate experience to escape from it all will appreciate the resplendent private hot spring tubs offered at Ojo. Here, you can enjoy the fresh air and a cozy fireplace – in the buff, if desired.
- Float tank – If you want a soaking experience that is not only unique but stress-relieving on every level, consider the highly acclaimed, sensory-depriving float tank. This lightproof and soundproof tank features ultra-saturated saltwater for an effortless and carefree soak. During the 50-minute session, your mind, body, and soul will escape to a stress-free dimension that is truly life-changing.
Want to take a break from luxuriant soaks? Want to swim in a delightfully cozy, 80-degree saltwater pool? Hop into the Ojo saltwater swimming pool, a junior Olympic-size saltwater pool – the largest in Santa Fe, New Mexico. It’s treated with saline rather than the harsh chemicals of typical pools, ensuring a healthy, safe, and downright marvelous experience.
Taking your visit to the next level is a breeze at Ojo Santa Fe Resort. They offer a superb selection of spa treatments guaranteed to soothe the body, relax the mind, and restore balance within oneself.
Some of the most common and unique treatments for Ojo include:
- Legends of Ojo. The Legends of Ojo experience combines the tranquility of the well-known Ojo massage paired with a foot reflexology treatment. It finishes with a restorative and calming foot cream.
- Lavender Body Quench Massage and Wrap. When it comes to rejuvenation, there’s no better way to achieve it than by the use of all-natural herbs and spices. This massage and wrap take you away from the hustle and bustle of life as you’re rubbed down and immersed with herbs, like stress-relieving lavender, before being weighted down with lavishly hot towels.
- Sound Healing. This quirky spa treatment focuses on restoring the natural vibrational balance within one’s self. The highly trained spa therapist utilizes weighted and unweighted tuning forks, chakras, and Chinese meridian points during the treatment.
Seeing how impressively large this resort is, it’s no surprise that they offer a slew of activities to keep you busy, thrilled, and excited throughout your stay. While enjoying a weekend at Ojo Santa Fe Resort, you can enjoy one of these fun-filled experiences:
- Yoga. Yoga enthusiasts will enjoy the complimentary 50-minute yoga classes to ease the mind and relax the body. Follow this soul-inspiring journey with a healing soak in the hot spring tubs.
- Hiking. With a pristine location coddled within the Sangre de Cristo mountains, this resort has plenty of high desert hiking options with 360-degree sensational views.
- Fitness center. Being at peace with oneself takes plenty of effort, and one of the critical components is exercise. Stick with your routine and hit the resort’s fitness center, complete with all the essentials (treadmill, balls, weights, etc.)
- Puppy patch. The Ojo Sante Fe Resort is no stranger to unique experiences, and this is one of them. Check out the puppy patch, filled with foster puppies ready to play and make you smile. And yes, you can adopt one after being approved.
- Silkie chickens. “Animal therapy” is real, and the Silkie Chickens know how to do it. These chickens are surprisingly friendly and adorable and always ready to play – or be fed a treat or two.
- Horseback riding. Not everyone wants to hike, but they still want to see the spectacular landscape of Ojo. Sound like you? Book one of the self-guided tours by horseback and enjoy desert beauty in every direction.
When you’re finished with your exciting adventures, you can fill your belly at the Blue Heron Restaurant. The atmosphere is inviting and ornate, and the dishes complement the feel beautifully. With local inspirations and the freshest ingredients, your taste buds will reach new heights with every bite.
With so much to do and see, day trips simply won’t get the job done. Most guests visit for at least an overnight stay, but two-week getaways aren’t unheard of, either.
You have two options when staying at the Ojo Sante Fe Resort.
The first option is Adobe Casitas. These one and two-bedroom suites come with an intriguing Northern New Mexico aesthetic, complete with locally-made art gracing the walls and gorgeous Saltillo tile. Each room comes with a private and cozy courtyard for stargazing or unwinding in the morning with a fresh cup of locally-roasted coffee in a handcrafted Taos artisan Logan Wannamaker mug.
Garden View Rooms
The Garden View Rooms kick your experience up a notch with sweeping views of the flourishing landscape. You will enjoy 360 square feet of light-filled space, complete with private patios and balconies to take in the views. You get all of the same amenities as the Adobe Casitas, from the New Mexican architecture and furnishings to the included bathrobes, bath products, coffee, and tea.
Check prices, availability or book Ojo Santa Fe Resort
Address: 242 Los Pinos Road, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87507