When it comes to unparalleled luxury and a magnificent array of recreational activities, look no further than The Greenbrier. A National Historic Landmark in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia, The Greenbriar has beckoned travelers near and far for the past 235 years, including 28 out of 45 United States Presidents.
With a striking White House exterior and lavish interior, this 11,000-acre playground is suited for visitors of all ages. Around since 1778, it has continuously evolved to meet the standards of the day and age. Surrounded by the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains, this opulent world-renowned resort offers picturesque views in every direction.
With space for grandiose weddings, 40+ meeting rooms, and 55 on-site activities, The Greenbriar truly has something for everyone.
Mineral Springs in West Virginia
The White Sulphur Springs began luring travelers in 1778 when visitors arrived to “take the waters” on for better health and relaxation. Today, The Greenbrier is still the “hot spot” for soothing mineral spring waters that offers a wide range of services to cater to everyone’s needs.
Sulphur Soak – The Sulphur Soak takes place in secluded tubs in a serene setting. And while a 25-minute soak in these lush waters is enough to erase aches, pains, and stress, the location offers a “Waterworks” add-on that aids in circulation and stimulation for the entire body.
Mineral Bath – This essential water activity is designed to rejuvenate tired and sore muscles while rebalancing your body’s mineral levels. The Mineral Mountain Bath is supplied by the Alvon Springs of West Virginia, ensuring a lovely temperature and the highest concentration of nutrients possible.
Detox Bath – Ridding oneself of inner toxins is the best way to replenish and purify the mind, body, and soul, which is exactly what the Detox Bath is all about. During this mineral-rich bath, visitors enter a figurative portal where metabolism is boosted, and excess fluids and toxins are released. You will never feel as good as you do after a detox bath.
Fruit and Cream Bath – If you’re feeling incredibly sumptuous, consider the fruit and cream bath. This unique and delightfully fragrant experience enhances the Alvon mineral springs water with skin-loving extras, including real fruit and coconut milk. Paired with the stress-relieving mineral water, these baths are ideal for those who want to lay back and forget about the hustle and bustle of life.
Although The Greenbrier began as a tempting spot to bask in the hot spring mineral waters, the location has grown exponentially and is now a world-renowned attraction for activities big and small.
Whether you’re a professional golfer engaging in a championship tournament or are looking for an indulgent spot to escape for a honeymoon, The Greenbrier has all of the exclusive services and activities you could ever dream of. The 11,000-acre property comes equipped with a prestigious spa where guests can relax as well as 103,000 sq ft of gaming and entertainment.
Amongst this vast property, you will find something to pique your interest, such as:
- River activities include kayaking, fishing, and paddleboarding
- A sprawling casino equipped with games and restaurants
- A kid’s adventure zone
- Bowling and arcades
- Retail options
- Horseback riding
- Segway tours
Don’t miss the specialty celebrations held at The Greenbrier, including Mother’s Day Brunch, Fourth of July festivities, etc.
The ornate look of The Greenbrier reigns true inside and out, extending to their impressive selection of 710 rooms. There are four different signature resort rooms to choose from:
- Windsor Club – This highly regarded wing is reserved for the most refined guests. On this wing, elaborately embellished rooms are provided with an exclusive concierge team to answer your every whim, ensuring your visit is given the royal treatment from beginning to end.
- Historic Suites – Take a step back in time and enjoy one of the two or four-bedroom historical suites, each one adorned with classic furniture and old-world artistry that is truly one of a kind.
- Classic Suites – Offering one or two bedrooms and lavishly decorated with Dorothy Draper decor, the classic suites are a must-see for any visitors of The Greenbrier.
- Guest Rooms – For a small-scale stay, consider the guest rooms at The Greenbrier. Although the smallest of the four, they don’t skimp on attractive construction, handsome furnishings, and an overall pristine experience you won’t soon forget.
Are you looking for a grander experience beyond the hotel? The Greenbrier also offers luxurious estate homes and legacy cottages to suit your needs. Each location comes with its own wealth of history, amenities, and features, which are sure to impress and inspire.
Address: 101 W Main St, White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia 24986