If you’re headed to the north end of Napa Valley in search of a stellar, historic hot springs resort, you can find exactly what you’re looking for at the Indian Springs. This stunning resort has been an icon of Calistoga for the last 100 years and continues to attract travelers from near and far.
The resort spans over 17 acres, each showcasing more beauty and enrichment than the last. While driving or walking through the resort grounds, you will be met with lush rolling hills, breathtaking olive and palm trees, and fragrant gardens featuring the most lovely and fragrant lavender and rose bushes.
Hot Mineral Pools
Calistoga is situated atop a fractionated plate that releases magma. Making contact underground, the water becomes heated and enriched with minerals before traveling to the earth’s surface at an intense heat of around 230°F.
With knowledge of how to access them, the Indian Springs resort built four on-site geysers that allow for constant streaming of the mineral waters. Cooled to an inviting temperature and rushed to all areas of the property, the resort funnels the water into the pools, steam rooms, and mud baths.
Speaking of pools, the Indian Springs resort has two wonderful options to choose from. The first choice, which is also the most popular pool, is an Olympic-sized swimming pool that was initially constructed in 1913. This pool is not only bursting with history and class, but it’s notably one of the largest pools found in California.
Also referred to as “The Pool,” the main pool features warm temperatures of 92°F to 102°F. It’s surrounded by a lavish pool area reminiscent of Old Hollywood, with an outdoor fireplace, cabana lounge, and plenty of chaises and chairs to relax in.
The other option is the “Adult Pool,” an adults-only paradise that can easily be described as the most romantic pool you’ve ever accompanied. The pool is around ten degrees cooler than the main pool and is designed to be a quiet, intimate setting complete with dramatic lighting that inspires evening swims.
You can’t visit the Indian Springs resort of Calistoga without engaging in one of their famous spa treatments. These procedures are designed to take your relaxation to an all-new level, allowing you to leave the resort feeling renewed.
The Mud Bath is undeniably the most popular choice at Indian Springs. Handcrafted with mined volcanic ash and mineral water, both of which are derived on-site, the treatment involves six vital steps, each drawing you deeper into a sense of utter relaxation.
The procedure begins by easing into a mud bath that covers you blissfully from head to toe. After a nice, long soak, you’re invited to rinse off before stepping into a private tub featuring hot mineral waters while you sip a cucumber, citrus-infused beverage. From there, guests will spend time in an infrared sauna before cooling down in an intimate space.
The treatment finishes with a trip to the celebrated “Buddha Pond,” a tranquil refuge where one can meditate in the pond surrounded by a soothing garden. Indian Springs is home to many other treatments to suit your fancy. You can take your mineral spring soaks to new heights by indulging in the Rosemary or CBD soak, or let all of your aches and pains melt away with a deep tissue massage.
Refresh your skin from top to bottom by opting for one of the many facials or full body treatments, including the oxygen infusion facial or wine country sugar scrub. You can even explore the Himalayan Salt Therapy Room, where the salt’s anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties will help to improve respiration and skin conditions while promoting relaxation and well-being.
The Indian Springs resort is more than just the go-to utopia for leisure soaking and spa treatments. There are many other entertaining activities that will get you up and moving while still feeling a sense of complete tranquility.
- Bicycles – Stay on the resort grounds or take a trip through Calistoga to explore some of the shops, restaurants, wineries, and other venues and sights this charming town offers.
- Bocce Ball Court – Bocce ball remains one of the most popular games, and you can engage in your favorite game right on the resort grounds.
- Children’s Play Area – Sure, the “Adults Pool” is just for the grownups, but kiddos can also have plenty of fun here. They can dip into the main pool, play games, and enjoy the children’s play area.
- Croquet – Relaxing yet intriguing, croquet is the ideal sport while on vacation.
- Extensive Gardens – Take a stroll through the lush greens of the Indian Springs resort and be met with some of the most lovely sights and scents you could ever dream of.
- Giant Checkers – This classic game gets a new, exciting twist, designed to be giant-sized for double the fun.
- Picnic – While the Indian Springs resort has an on-site restaurant, nothing says peaceful, quite like a picnic. Enjoy your fare while checking out the exemplary scenery.
- Shuffleboard Court – A resort wouldn’t be a resort with a shuffleboard court.
- Walking Paths – With 17 acres of striking panoramic views, a simple walk has never been so invigorating or exciting.
When you’re done exploring the grounds, swimming in the mineral pools, and engaging in one of these fun activities, don’t forget to check out Sam’s – the onsite restaurant named after the founder, Samuel Brannan. Here, you will enjoy a rustic farmhouse aesthetic and delicious, light fare.
Don’t forget to combine your meal with an artisan cocktail, a mug of in-house brewed beer, or a glass of wine curated from local wineries.
With so much to see and do, it would be nearly impossible to finish it all in a single day. No wonder why so many guests opt to stay a few nights in the historic Indian Springs resort of Calistoga, CA! This destination offers several accommodations to choose from, so you can find exactly what you’re looking for.
- The View Rooms – These gorgeous rooms come with two queen beds or a king bed situated in a Mission Revival-style building. The three locations offer incredible views of the property’s natural settings, from palm trees to geysers and hills.
- The Cottages – Those that want to stay overnight in a piece of history will enjoy the charming cottages, and renovated indoor and outdoor living spaces initially created in the 1940s. These cottages come in studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom units for your convenience.
- The Lodge – The Lodge is an adults-only area designed to nod to California’s Spanish roots. While the display alone is incredible, adults will enjoy the spa-like bathroom that allows them to bring the blissful retreat into their own private setting.
- The Bungalows – The Bungalows are the most sought-after accommodations at Indian Springs. They offer two bedrooms, one with a king-sized comfy bed and the other with two queen beds. With over 1,000 square feet, an indoor fireplace, and an outside fire pit featuring exotic views of the Napa Valley Hills, these quickly become your exclusive home away from home.
- The Houses – The “Merchant House” and the “Hill House” are the two homes available at Indian Springs. With multiple rooms and plenty of space, it’s the ideal choice for larger families or parties.
Accommodations extend to significant events and gatherings, too. Indian Springs resort has multiple indoor and outdoor spaces to cater to your needs, whether you need something extravagant and stunning for a large wedding or a bit more relaxed for an office meeting.
Address: 1712 Lincoln Avenue, Calistoga, CA 94515
Phone: (707) 709-8139